1st Operation Mould/Setter Operator
To set and operate first operation machines to accurate specifications ensuring that components are produced correct to drawing and delivered on time.
· To set and operate first operation moulding machines, and support second operations as required, ensuring parts are to the correct quality specified on the drawing and routing instructions, in line with the fundamental rules of component manufacture.
· Maintain efficient manning ratios on first operations.
· Attend any departmental meetings as required to help achieve the departmental key performance indicators.
· To introduce and implement any improvements or directives, this includes TEOA activities.
· Liaise with other departments and managers.
· To assist in the training of others as required.
· To understand priorities and to work towards achieving delivery objectives.
· Work to maintain and improve time standards so that late jobs may be minimised.
· To maintain a high level of house-keeping at all times in order that 5S+1 and health and safety standards may be maintained.
· To observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
· To ensure all required maintenance is carried out in accordance to TPM plan.
· To adhere to company procedures at all times.
· When required, to carry out TEOA / KAISAN activities.
· To carry out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time in order to maintain the Departmental KPI`s.
Education, Experience and Skills
· Good standard of education is required with an Engineering/Moulding bias.
· The ability to follow standard works instructions is essential.
· Experience of Mould machines would be an advantage.
· Capable of working in a methodical way, with minimum supervision.
· Ability to recognise and resolve day-to-day problems and to manage workload according to demand and priority. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and follow set procedures whilst adhering to strict safety regulations.
Monday to Friday