Due to continued growth, our client is now looking to hire an experienced Accounts Clerk to be part of a small Finance team based in Battle, East Sussex.
Working closely with the Financial controller you will prioritise work efficiently and accurately.
The company offers competitive salaries and benefits package Inc:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Gym Membership
- Share options
- Pension Scheme
- Mileage Allowance
We will try to respond to reply to all applications. If, however you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements advertised by CDH Recruitment Limited
- Responsible for reconciling purchase orders, requisitions and invoices.
- You will be entering invoices on the accounting system and assist with implementing new processes and procedures relating to Finance.
- As the accounts clerk you will be managing staff expenses and ensuring the correct accounting treatment such as Tax and ensuring back up documents are processed correctly.
- You will be reconciling supplier statements and agreeing terms with new suppliers and ensuring documents are stored correctly.
- You will also carry out supplier credit checks and checking accounts.
- Processing sales invoices which involves communicating internally and externally.
- Full training will be given on inhouse tools and then you will be assisting the company staff with the accounting systems and how they process expenses and purchases.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Advanced competence with Xero/Sage
- To be studying AAT and to have at least completed level 3
- Experience with Microsoft packages (Excel/Word)
- Be able to prioritise and manage workload
- You will need clear technical understanding of VAT including import and overseas treatment of purchases.
- Be flexible and adaptable – willing to learn producing management accounts
- The role is based in Battle, but you will also be required to travel to Oxfordshire regularly where are main office is, approximately every other week.
- Organised and accurate
- Experience working for a technology company and working with inventory and procurement systems is preferable