We are delighted to be recruiting for a Warehouse Operative to join our clients busy and growing team. This is a very exciting temporary opportunity to become permanent for the right candidates.
We will try to respond to reply to all applications. If, however you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements advertised by CDH Recruitment Limited
- Provide help to Senior Goods in Operative receiving goods in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Ensure all goods are correctly labelled and put away in a timely manner.
- Provide all departments with the correct paperwork once goods are received.
- Receive all returns into the Company and under instruction from the Returns
- Co-ordinator either send goods to the correct department, restock or prepare for return to the supplier.
- Liaise with the Returns Co-ordinator and advise of any problems with returns received.
- Provide help to the Senior Warehouse Operative picking, packing and despatch of goods as per the Company Procedures.
- Send and load goods efficiently and safely following Company and legal guidelines.
- To make sure that any driver is aware of special handling instructions that may apply to any goods they are carrying and provide correct paperwork for this delivery.
- Ensure all paperwork used in conjunction with delivering goods/customer collection is returned completed by the customer and filed appropriately.
- Ensure all drivers, customers and visitors are dealt with efficiently and politely and they follow the visitor’s procedure.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is in good working order and any defects are reported immediately to the Warehouse Manager.
- Ensure all working areas are kept clean, tidy and secure.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, reporting any matters that could directly affect health and safety or breach Company rules to the Warehouse Manager.
- Follow any maintenance schedules and ensure necessary paperwork is completed. Any defects must be reported to the Warehouse Manager.
- If qualified and authorised, operate manual handling equipment, drive forklift trucks and Company vehicles as required and follow training guidelines provided.
- Responsible as a Warehouse keyholder ensuring the Warehouse is opened and locked securely.
- To work in other departments or on other sites as and when required.
- To carry out any other duties as and when required to facilitate the effective operation of the company as directed by the Warehouse Manager, Operations Manager, Assistant Operations Manager, Senior Managers or Directors.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Must have previous Warehouse experience.
- Professional customer service skills.
- Computer literate.
- Forklift Counterbalance license is desirable but not essential.
- Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Must be flexible and willing with increased working hours during busy periods