Due to continual growth, we are delighted to be recruiting for an experienced, Warehouse Manager to join our client’s busy manufacturing company in Hastings/St Leonards area.
This position is ideal for candidates looking for potential to progress as there is potential for progression as the company grows. The person must have a forklift Counterbalance Licence.
We will try to respond to all applications. If, however you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements advertised by CDH Recruitment Limited.
- Ensure you record all required information clearly and diligently.
- You will prepare goods for loading in a prompt, organised and timely manner.
- To be a steward for the continual quality standards and the improvement of our products and the quality they are sent out in.
- You will work closely and communicate clearly with the customer service team.
- You will record and check all goods in and take the relevant actions to alert the OM (Operations Manager) or QM (Quality Manager) to any issues.
- To maintain the loading equipment and ensure that is safe for use.
- To operate the loading equipment in a safe manner with an awareness of other around you.
- To strictly follow all health and safety procedures/ regulations and ensure your team abided by these vital protocols and all matters relating to this are dealt in line with the company Health and Safety policy.
- To report any defective safety equipment immediately and ensure all necessary safety actions are taken until equipment is repaired or replaced.
- You will ensure that all equipment and the surrounding working spaces are kept in a clean and orderly condition, ensuring all staff understand that this is a joint responsibility for both safety and cleanliness.
- To follow the company’s quality systems, processes and procedures.
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the Warehouse Manager.
- To monitor and supervise stock rotation ensuring goods are stored appropriately.
- To ensure raw materials are receipted, recorded, located and transferred correctly.
- To ensure that all preparations for the next loading shift are completed, ensuring that loads are prepared for them whenever possible.
- You will take a proactive approach to your own continued personal and skills development, taking part in all relevant training required.
- Site security
- Perform any other tasks appropriate to this position
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- 3 year’s+ experience in a similar position within logistics or warehouse environment
- Must have a forklift Counterbalance Licence
- Worked in manufacturing environment preferred but not essential
- Qualification is warehouse/logistics preferred but not essential
- Awareness/knowledge of basic health and safety regulations
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- The ability to work effectively in a team and identify and solve problems
- The ability to stay calm when under pressure and in a crisis
- Self-Motivated with willingness to learn new skills
- This position is working Monday – Friday, must be flexible on hours
- Saturday overtime is available during busy periods