Manufacturing Maintenance Engineer
We have an exciting permanent opportunity with a local, industry leading client as a Manufacturing Maintenance Engineer. With a competitive base salary and many company benefits, our client is looking for an enthusiastic, flexible individual with the ability to be available for out of hour call outs.
We will try to respond to all applications. If, however you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements advertised by CDH Recruitment Limited.
- To support the Company in maintaining, servicing and repairing the heavy machinery, plant equipment, tools and systems used in the production processes.
- To carry out routine scheduled maintenance on plant equipment and machinery as directed by the Company.
- Applying engineering concepts for the optimization of equipment, procedures and budgets to achieve better maintainability, reliability and availability of equipment
- To efficiently deal with unplanned maintenance of machinery and equipment, in order to ensure the minimum disruption to production.
- Carry out machine setting adjustments as required.
- With the aim of ensuring it's efficient and safe operation and compliance with relevant legal requirements
- To complete appropriate records for maintenance carried out ensuring the standards as set out in the Company Policy and Procedures Manual are maintained
- Designing maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Responding to equipment faults and diagnosing breakdown problems
- Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly
- Carrying out quality inspections on jobs
- Liaising with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs
- Working with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), which control machinery on factory assembly lines
- Writing maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines
- Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
- To comply with Health and Safety Policies.
- Carry out duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Must be a qualified Mechanical Engineer
- The capacity to understand a range of engineering functions and procedures
- Previous manufacturing experience is essential
- Ability to solve problems effectively.
- Good level of initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Good diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- The confidence to respond positively when under pressure
- Monday to Friday, but flexible on hours
- Available for call outs as the Company does run a 24-hour shift pattern and in busy periods run weekend shifts