Part-Time Accounts Team Leader
We have an exciting opportunity for a Part-Time Accounts Team Leader with our local client! This role will be to have shared responsibility for the line management of staff in the Accounts and Payroll Department; and to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Department ensuring agreed written departmental and organisational strategic objectives are delivered; and company financial procedures and policies are adhered to and, if any variance is required, that there is justifiable business reason for such.
- To oversee the Accounts Team in day to day planning and co-ordination of all tasks within the Department. Ensures financial information is processed in accordance with procedures and in order to provide information for statutory returns, through completion of own work and through the coordination of the work of others.
- To ensure that work is completed in line with financial timescales and legal requirements; and to investigate enquiries, providing assistance and advice as required.
- In conjunction with the Accounts and Payroll Manager, offers advice, support and supervision on accounting operational matters within the team.
- To chair, (and produce minutes in rotation with other members of the Team) regular team meetings.
- To support and manage required changes in procedures within the department and ensure these are reflected in the Accounts Manual.
- In conjunction with the Accounts and Payroll Manager to over-see the development and training of Accounts Assistants, Volunteers and Apprentices.
- To offer support and advice, if needed, to the wider organisation on Sage and other accounting/finance issues that may arise in other departments
- Identify opportunities for improvements and efficiencies in existing accounting procedures and put forward proposals for implementation.
- To ensure that the Sage accounting software is used to its full potential.
- Assist with monitoring of budgets and production of relevant reports from Sage.
- To provide information, ideas and suggestions to the Director of Finance and Facilities to help with the development and delivery of the Finance Strategy
- To oversee contact with volunteers and maximize the use of volunteer time.
- To provide regular feedback to members of the Accounts Team on their day to day performance.
- Assist the Accounts & Payroll Manager with preparation of individual performance and development reviews; and provide supervision of Accounts Assistants as appropriate.
- Be prepared to undertake the Accounts Assistants’ role to cover for holidays and absence.
- To undertake all relevant training as appropriate to develop the Team Leader role.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- GCSE standard Maths and English
- NVQ Level 4/Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- Experience of book keeping and Accounting, using a recognised accounting software package
- At least two years’ demonstrable experience working as an Accounts Assistant within a hospice Accounts Department
- Maintaining and keeping accurate records
- Experience of using Sage Accounting software
- Experience of supervising staff desirable
- Detailed knowledge of accounting procedures (e.g. reconciliation and balances, VAT payments and deductions etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of legislation as it affects own finance area
- Knowledge of invoicing and banking
- Strong written, oral and electronic communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- Problem solving
- Meticulous in working practices
- Good telephone manner
- Organised and used to multi-tasking
- Negotiating Skills
- Computer literate, knowledge of MS Office suite of programs, particularly Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to work to time schedules
- Use own initiative
- Able to deal with sensitive issues in a confidential manner
- Able to work well as a member of a close team
- Able to work across teams and departments
- Mon & Thurs (9.30am – 2.30pm) Tues & Wed (9.30am – 5.00pm)
- 27.50 Hours Per Week